BMR Solutions are currently recruiting for a Controls Engineer to work for our client who are an engineering company located in Bristol.
Our client specialises in the manufacture of hi-tech industrial machines. They supply to a wide range of industries in particular manufacturers of automotive and aeronautical components. Their products are manufactured at their site in Bristol and are distributed worldwide, with main markets being the UK, Europe, USA and Mexico. Our client is a part of a global group with 31 worldwide locations, employing 1200 people throughout the organisation.
We are looking for an experienced controls engineer to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for efficient & effective delivery of all aspects of electrical & control systems work from design, through integration, testing, proving and fault finding and supporting colleagues in the field and customers. The position requires someone who can hit the ground running and who can quickly build relations with colleagues, suppliers and customers. Experience is essential for this role as is the ability to organise your own time, integrate within the team and provide excellent service to our customers. Due to the markets we sell to the successful candidate will have to liaise with people from different cultural and working practices. The position is predominantly based in Bristol, however travel within the UK and abroad may be required. Out of hours support may also a requirement of the role.
Job Title: Controls Engineer
Hours: 42 Hours Per Week
Key Skills & Experience:
- Qualified in electrical/controls engineering to HNC/HND or above or commensurate experience.
- Advanced electrical engineering skills
- Advanced AutoCAD
- Allen Bradley & Siemens PLC/HMI
- Travel abroad would be beneficial
- Mechanical understanding and skills would be an advantage
Duties to Include:
- Design & specification of electrical & control content of machinery
- Support machine Wiring & integration
- Provide technical direction to other controls engineers
- PLC & HMI programming including motion control
- Machine Commission & functionality testing
- Fault finding & debugging
- Safety circuitry design & documentation
- CE marking of equipment
- Liaising & managing relevant suppliers
- Provision of technical support to colleagues & customers
- Out of hours cover for breakdowns (rota).
- Site upgrades, commissioning and worldwide support
- Development of technical solutions to meet agreed project requirements
- Working within budgets and commercial constraints
BMR Solutions acts in the capacity of an Employment Business and an Employment Agency.
Interested in what the job could offer you? Apply for this role today!