BMR Solutions is currently looking to recruit for an Estimator to work for our client who is sub-contract machining shop for the aerospace industry.
Job Title: Estimator
Hours: Full Time
Key Skills & Experience:
- Experience of 3, 4 & 5 axis Milling machining, multi axis Turning and Grinding / Ancillary operations.
- Ability to present , persuade, influence Team members
- A working knowledge of manufacturing techniques and reading Engineering drawings essential
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Effective decision making skills.
- The ability to write reports and compile accurate records.
- An understanding of MRP systems and reporting.
- Full driving license
- FMEA, PPAP, LEAN experience would be an advantage.
- Previous estimating background.
- Technical and manufacturing experience within the aerospace industry
- Strong inter personnel and relationship building skills to effectively liaise with customers and sub-contractors.
- Self-managing, capable of planning and prioritising an extensive range of activities for you and your team
- A keen eye for detail and accuracy
- Strong analytical skills and improvement ideas and the ability to plan and implement these
Duties to Include:
- To promote excellent relations with existing and new customer base
- To assess viability of quote request against machine / personnel capability after analysis of definition.
- Breakdown into its core elements.
- Obtain quotes for sub-contract operations / treatments
- Evaluate best production method against equipment / manpower
- Assess capacity for the indicated requirement date
- Produce cost component worksheet detailing all elements of quote
- Obtain material / casting / Forging quotes from approved vendors indicating alternatives where appropriate.
- Stipulate any special fixture / work holding requirements.
- Record any special tooling needs.
- Estimate any specific inspection requirements for bespoke gauging / measurement.
- To liaise with NPI team when transferring successful bids.
BMR Solutions acts in the capacity of an Employment Business and an Employment Agency.
Interested in what the job could offer you? Apply for this role today!