Mechanical Development Engineer
Monday to Friday Days
£30,000 – £33,000 (Depending on Experience)
Our client, a long-established company based in North Somerset. Due to growth they are looking for a Mechanically Biased Development Engineer to join the team.
This role will be suited to Mechanically biased Development Engineers that have a good mechanically biased engineering degree with a minimum of 2 to 3 years post graduate experience. It would be highly beneficial to have experience working on Product Development and Product Introductions. You will answer to the Senior Engineer and conduct design and development tasks of new products into the factory and where necessary at customer sites.
The company are a successful manufacturing brand trading globally with many sites around the world. Due to growth at the North Somerset site they are able to offer the successful candidate long term job security and potential for longer term career progression for those who desire it.
- To carry out/ participate in and record risk assessments when required
- Support the introduction of new products into the factory and into customer sites as and when required
- Participate in Testing of Designs
- To Design and Develop parts for sub-assembly of products
The minimum requirements for the role would be:
- Must have some form of Engineering degree (Mechanically Biased)
- Must have at least 2 years post graduate experience
- Beneficial to have experience with product introductions, product development, knowledge of design for manufacture and knowledge of design for assembly
- Experience with 3D and 2D Cad Skills
- An understanding of piping & Instrumentation diagrams and System Schematics
Interested in what the job could offer you? Apply for this role today!