BMR Solutions is working with a leading manufacturer based in North Somerset, who are looking to recruit Test Engineers to work on an ongoing contract.
Job Title: Test Engineer
Contract: Ongoing Contract
Rate/Salary: DOE £13.77 PAYE // £17.95 Umbrella to £15.16 PAYE // £19.76 Umbrella
Sector: Electrical / Mechanical / Test / Engineering / Manufacturing / Systems / Schematics / Equipment / Piping & Instrumentation / Pneumatics / Pumps / Inverter
To meet demand our client is looking for Test Engineers of varying levels for electrical and mechanical testing to component level and repair.
Test Engineer Principle Accountabilities:
- Leak/decay testing on gas, fuel and liquid lines.
- Electrical (PAT) testing of components.
- Electrical and mechanical fault finding using schematics and mechanical engineering drawings.
- Fault finding to component level and re-work.
- Complete final test, build and calibration of machines prior to final despatch.
- Document control using test report and schedule.
- Recording and reporting issues during the test process.
Test Engineer Experience & Skills:
- Be able to understand and work from electrical diagrams / schematics.
- Follow a piping and instrumentation diagram (P&ID).
- Basic fault finding.
- Use of basic test equipment – DMM, current meters.
- Electrical bias but with some mechanical knowledge.
- Understanding of Pneumatics, pumps, inverter functionality.
- 5s, lean manufacturing, kaizen, continuous improvement.
- Electrical qualification.
- Able to work with minimum supervision
Test Engineer Qualifications:
- Ideally an Electrical biased Engineering degree, other engineering qualifications depending on experience or from a HM Forces background
Interested in what the job could offer you? Apply for this role today!
BMR Solutions acts in the capacity of an Employment Business and an Employment Agency.